W-110-21 - Saling & Reese Store
       The brick structure at the Northeast corner of Franklin and Main was built around 1874 by Isham Saling, and known as the Saling Building. It housed the Saling & Reese Store, and survived the fires of 1875 and 1883. By 1890, George Proebstel had established a hardware-farm implement-lumber store there, which was later bought out by Dr. FD Watts and EC Rogers; and then around 1920, purchased by the Jones Bros who offered the same goods and services. In more recent years it housed the Elliott Dry Goods & Hardware.

       The building survives today and is part of the Weston Historic District.

Photo Archive Home
Library Contact
Return to W-100a
Weston Overview page
The Saling Building on the Northeast corner of Franklin and Main Streets
at 201 East Main is included within the Weston Commercial Historic Distric
2008 photo by Gildemeister
W-800-31 - Weston Leader ad - 1914
W-800-19 - Weston Leader ad - 1890
W-800-49 - Weston Leader ad - 1920
W-800-10 - Saling & Co.
W-800-10 Weston Leader ad - 1885