W-110-18 - Watts & Rogers Hardware-Implements-Lumber
       The brick structure at the Northwest corner of Franklin and Main was built around 1874 by Isham Saling, and known as the Saling Building. It housed the Saling & Reese Store, and survived the fires of 1975 and 1883. By 1890, George Proebstel had established a hardware-farm implement-lumber store there, which was later bought out by Dr. FD Watts and EC Rogers; and then around 1920, purchased by the Jones Bros who offered the same goods and services.

       The building survives today and is part of the Weston Historic District.

Photo Archive Home
Library Contact
Return to W-100a
Weston Overview page
W-800-19 - Weston Leader ad - 1890
W-10-22b - Jones & Jones Hardware-Farm Implements-Lumber - ca 1920
W-800-31 - Weston Leader ad - 1914
W-800-43 - Weston Leader ad - 1916
W-800-49 - Weston Leader ad - 1920
W-800-49 - Weston Leader ad - 1917
W-900-6b - The 1874 Saling & Reese Building
2008 photo by Gildemeister